Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Post #100!

& what a journey its been so far.


I got a kick out of this bit of news I picked up from my college's newsletter. I guess I am earning all those bits of mail they keep sending me, though I find it laughable that most of them are asking for donations... didn't they read the address??

Macalester named a top-25 Peace Corps volunteer producing institution

Macalester has been named to the list of top 25 for small schools producing Peace Corps volunteers. Macalester appears at number 20 on the list with 17 alumni currently serving as volunteers. Since Peace Corps' inception, 296 alumni of Macalester have joined its ranks. Dartmouth College is number one for small schools with 37 alumni currently serving. The University of Wisconsin at Madison takes the top spot for all schools with 104 volunteers serving in the field.

(source: http://www.macalester.edu/alumni/macwire/)