Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Neglect

I find it very ironic that the post that has been up for the last month and a half was titled "Updates!"

Over that month and a half the battle to balance living life and writing about it didn't really happen. Having not seen Bridget for the last nine months and being able to talk with her greatly outweighed any desire I had to dwell inside my own head enough to produce coherent written words. Now that she is gone however, the desire to write has returned as an outlet for my experiences and a way to process them, and of course to share them you.

Tonight I head back to my site from Manila. I plan on writing about a few experiences of Bridget and I's travels over the next few weeks as well as current events. Later this month I will be heading to a PC sponsored "Project Design and Management Conference" followed by another PC sponsored "Solid Waste Management Conference." I will be attending both of these with one of my counterparts, so it should definitely be an interesting time. From there I settle in for the long haul at site as there are currently no more foreseen events after PDM for the next few months.

So welcome back to my little corner of the world. Now I get ready to enter a whole new phase of my service. Seven months down and still plenty ahead. I hope you had a wonderful holidays and break from whatever normally keeps you busy during your days. I certainly did. For now, I leave you with my recollections of the Day After.