Monday, August 22, 2005

Not So Personal Service

Sometimes its hard to demonize the World Bank to the extent the radical left tends to. An institution that is willing to, at its own expense, send a small book all the way to the Philippines called “The Little Green Data Book” can’t be all bad can it? Then again they never did respond to my initial request so I actually gave up on them long ago. The joys of large institutions. We’ll tackle the question in a little more systematic way, though, with the next round of readings. The fun begins with Globalization and Its Discontents by Joseph Stiglitz which I’m borrowing from a PCV in Sagada. I love the Peace Corps community.

(PS If the text editor I am working with doesn't let me underline I figure bold is the next best way to deal with book titles. Any other ideas?)