The Morning After
I feel lost after an intense night of knowing where I was. Why does the clarity and sense of direction always seem to fade into the damp reality of details, motivations & fuzzy complicatedness with the morning and the caffeine? We shall see what I can hold onto this time. Every headlong charge into my psyche takes me a little farther towards who I want to be. Even if that will always continue to change & it takes that pesky idea of experience to make it stick. So here we go again, down from the mystical plains to go slogging through the daily grind of verbs, nouns & trying to manage time without destroying the moment.
& as much as simple objects pale in comparison, there is comfort & joy in having a real towel to use instead of my pack towel, which gets pleasantly regulated back to its reserve duties in the travel platoon. A pair of cleats to facilitate sprint training and to further readiness for any stray ultimate games that wander my way and an ironic T-Shirt to further diversify my wardrobe. Not to mention how ridiculously excited I am to have some oatmeal and another jar of non-sugar enriched peanut butter! Now all that’s left to see is how much of the abstract I can hold onto and convert to a bit of reality.
& as much as simple objects pale in comparison, there is comfort & joy in having a real towel to use instead of my pack towel, which gets pleasantly regulated back to its reserve duties in the travel platoon. A pair of cleats to facilitate sprint training and to further readiness for any stray ultimate games that wander my way and an ironic T-Shirt to further diversify my wardrobe. Not to mention how ridiculously excited I am to have some oatmeal and another jar of non-sugar enriched peanut butter! Now all that’s left to see is how much of the abstract I can hold onto and convert to a bit of reality.


<< Home