Monday, August 08, 2005

Images of Home

Another L O N G trip home (6pm to 11:30am door to door) & here I am again. Its awesome to be able to move through & operate in so many different realities. I’m incredibly happy to find some disc but I’m also really happy to be back home. Life is much simpler here. Even if work is still amorphous, there’s no questions to the worth of my time. There are so few distractions and that does wonders to calm my always racing mind. There will be plenty of time for life in the fast lane after I find a general direction I want to go speeding in. For now I’m really looking forward to spending time getting to know the people of Mayoyao & sorting out more of all the tangles on the inside. As it is I’m not finding much of the fabled PC free time to deal with. I have a feeling those doldrums will not be lowering the sails much here. And if they do… I always wanted to improve my rowing…
And this really is home now. Maybe it was the bus driver who recognized my dazed soul wandering the streets of Santiago at 6am and who actually motioned to me if I wanted him to stop instead of the other way around (which was a good thing because I’m not sure I could have switched gears fast enough from searching for breakfast to "ride home!" fast enough otherwise). Or maybe it’s the complaining welcome of the cat as I trudged up the stairs. Its also all the little amenities of a house clicking into place that makes such a difference. Having a spread of shoes for various events – hiking boots – Bball sandals – cleats – running shoes – climbing shoes. Having more than the 5 or 6 shirts I brought to diversify the days. A selection of books. A subscription to the Economist. And between all that an iPod with speakers, a laptop & now a digital camera. I’m really roughing it here eh? Bucket showers don’t even count as a hardship, they’re actually rather refreshing!