Caffienating Time
The more time I have to kill, the more coffee I've been pumping into my body. Considering my bus arrived from Santiago City at 4:30 in the morning, that's been a lot of coffee. I did sleep for an hour & a half at the bus station waiting for the city to wake up. It stirs in stages.
Caught the MRT (train) from Pasay City where the bus dropped me off, to Makati. Partly arbitrary, partly its the closest area cover in my Lonely Planet to Taguig - the hopeful destination of the evening. During my unsuccessful attempt to locate an Arabic restaurant for breakfast mentioned in the LP (a would be fitting setting to continue my current reading selection: A History of the Arab Peoples) I happened upon the "Home of the Makati Chiefs", a local Rugby team. I assume they frequent Panama Jack's Cafe often, just not at 7:30 in the morning. Sports highlights & Fox new kept me company for breakfast & two double shot Americanos. Over the next two hours I ate, read, charged my phone, cleaned up in the CR (comfort room), got annoyed with Bill O'Reilly.
Looks like I timed the schizofrantic weather right, as it was bright & dry on my walk back to Ayala Center. Its now pouring again, as it did several times at the Cafe judging by the noise on the roof.
Coffee Shop #2.
Small reg. coffee. 60 pesos.
Why, of all things, should the coffee be of a similar price to America?!?
Last exchange rate in Santiago City: 55.75 pesos to the dollar.
Using some of my $US reserves for this trip as my pin # stopped working.
(checked the number and I did not, if fact, forget it)
Peace Corps sent a new one probably arrived at site yesterday.
The City stirs in stages.
Lots of people, lots of rain at 9:30am.
Nothing but coffee shops & rugby pubs open until 10am.
Equals more coffee with the Underworld covering for the bad pop music.
(Techno music, thanks Meghan)
What to do with an entire day?
10 am. The rain stops again.
Free coffee refill!
Time ticks to the beat. 1st fast, then slow.
Safely Valve texts in letting me know he knows I'm in town.
PUA member who will bail me out if I get lost.
Always good to have.
I'm still not used to the naked displays of power in this country.
The assault rifle at the "Makati Police Assistance Center" pavilion on the sidewalk.
The shotguns held by the bank guards.
The shear number of security guards wandering around with pistols.
Picture every two-bit mall guard in the states packing heat & opening doors for you.
Yeah. Its strange.
What do with a day?
I guess first, I might as well check out this mall.
Caught the MRT (train) from Pasay City where the bus dropped me off, to Makati. Partly arbitrary, partly its the closest area cover in my Lonely Planet to Taguig - the hopeful destination of the evening. During my unsuccessful attempt to locate an Arabic restaurant for breakfast mentioned in the LP (a would be fitting setting to continue my current reading selection: A History of the Arab Peoples) I happened upon the "Home of the Makati Chiefs", a local Rugby team. I assume they frequent Panama Jack's Cafe often, just not at 7:30 in the morning. Sports highlights & Fox new kept me company for breakfast & two double shot Americanos. Over the next two hours I ate, read, charged my phone, cleaned up in the CR (comfort room), got annoyed with Bill O'Reilly.
Looks like I timed the schizofrantic weather right, as it was bright & dry on my walk back to Ayala Center. Its now pouring again, as it did several times at the Cafe judging by the noise on the roof.
Coffee Shop #2.
Small reg. coffee. 60 pesos.
Why, of all things, should the coffee be of a similar price to America?!?
Last exchange rate in Santiago City: 55.75 pesos to the dollar.
Using some of my $US reserves for this trip as my pin # stopped working.
(checked the number and I did not, if fact, forget it)
Peace Corps sent a new one probably arrived at site yesterday.
The City stirs in stages.
Lots of people, lots of rain at 9:30am.
Nothing but coffee shops & rugby pubs open until 10am.
Equals more coffee with the Underworld covering for the bad pop music.
(Techno music, thanks Meghan)
What to do with an entire day?
10 am. The rain stops again.
Free coffee refill!
Time ticks to the beat. 1st fast, then slow.
Safely Valve texts in letting me know he knows I'm in town.
PUA member who will bail me out if I get lost.
Always good to have.
I'm still not used to the naked displays of power in this country.
The assault rifle at the "Makati Police Assistance Center" pavilion on the sidewalk.
The shotguns held by the bank guards.
The shear number of security guards wandering around with pistols.
Picture every two-bit mall guard in the states packing heat & opening doors for you.
Yeah. Its strange.
What do with a day?
I guess first, I might as well check out this mall.


<< Home