Monday, July 25, 2005

Vague Mental Wanderings in Unhelpful Directions

What possesses the average customer to walk into Mocha Blends on the 3rd Floor of the Bagio City SM Mall & order a "Mocha Frost?" I guess that’s the million peso questions of marketing. I ordered it because after my espresso I wanted something sweet & was feeling indulgent of my desire for sugar. There is no precise reasoning though, no consciously thought out decision, but a mixture of taste & the rush, leaning towards the latter. But I always was very close to the ‘Eat to Live’ end of the spectrum. So what about the Japanese group at the other table? Taste? Social Atmosphere & the need of a place and purpose to commune? Does it cross their mind at all besides a reaction to a vague hunger stimulus sparked within their body? I suppose there reasons are as mysterious as mine…