Then the Big Hand Pressed Pause
I went hiking today with our new tourism officer, Jeremy, he’s a good guy and about my age. His appointment was approved yesterday as they finish hammering out this years budget, though he’s been at work since January. Now he can officially get to work on a master tourism plan for Mayoyao. Hopefully I’ll be able to help him out and he’s expressed interest in helping me. This is definitely another angle to work from. I also had an enjoyable time bantering with the principal of the High School in Balangbang. Her English skills allow us to converse on a whole different level which is very enjoyable. That and she possess the skill of speaking in the local dialect at a level that I can follow which makes chatting fun too. There is always a chance that relationship can develop into some projects as well.
All of that goes on hold tomorrow though. I head out to Legawe to assist Amber with facilitating a PDM & then I'm off to Manila. Not a frisbee excursion this time though. I got a call over the weekend from Peace Corps Medical and they want me to come down from some tests on Monday. My lower back continues to be painful and hasn't gotten any better since I arrived. If anything its probably gotten a bit worse. I mostly want to see a physical therapist and get some more stretches and some PT to do back at site, but who knows what hoops are to come. We'll see how the initial consult goes on Monday. There will probably be some follow up visits though, so I have no idea when I will return to site.
Charon gets to stay with "Aunt" Amber while I'm gone and and gets a chance to bond with her cat Wegan. That should be an interesting adventure to be sure. On the plus side Charon came hiking with Jeremy and I and did a wonderful job following on the leash after I let her down from my backpack (her usual form of travel up till now). Hopefully this will become the permenent way of doing things.
I'm sure I'll have plenty of down time in Manila, so I hope to get some more pictures up. Until then...


<< Home