Thursday, February 23, 2006

What Are Friends For?

I guess in this instance that would involve trekking all over Makati for a small Apple store and picking up a new iPod supplied under warranty but delayed in arrival. That was the amazing favor supplied to me by Amber, who also happens to forward me my Peace Corps pouch (mail) every week and other little odds and ends. Most recently the flea powder to assuage my dog and I of that particular vermin. I'm so far out in the mountains that LBC (the UPS equivalent) doesn't deliver here so Amber gets to trot my mail out to the Mayoyao bus every week and send it on its circuitous journey out that way. I have some friends in the Visayas that have the make the equivalent of that 5 hour one way trip to get their mail. I don't know what I would do without her.

Here's the point where all of you can factor in! As my iPod was officially declared Dead On Arrival that also means all the music that was on it now resides in the digital equivalent of heaven. If any of you find some free time in the recent future and could help raise my current music selection above the 10 CDs I have now I would be forever grateful. I've already awarded Hero of the Month to Amber, but that doesn't mean you can't have a huge impact on the soundtrack of the rest of my service.

What to send you ask? Like the rest of my generation, I listen to everything. Really. With that in mind I would suggest one of the three discs getting the most play time in your life right now, or maybe one of those discs you think simply belongs in any musical collection. There is enough variety of people who wander here that should cover quite a wide spectrum. To help facilitate ideas and prevent duplicates I would also encourage you to post a reply with whatever humble offerings you might dig up.

Worried about copyright? Bless your soul. I would never encourage the illegal copying and transferring of music.

Remember you can always post as anonymous.