Tuesday, October 04, 2005

PC Paper Work = Home!

After spending a good chunk of time on the phone with PC.HQ I finally have all the proper paperwork and approval to move into my new home! This involves no less than three seperate forms and a personal visit from HQ. No visit yet, but my lovely Regional Manager (RM) Sheila Chan has given the temporary OK to move until final approval has been granted. That's her last act as my RM too, as she switches over to the Education Sector Manager position which recently opened up. That makes two brand new RMs since we've arrived (Sheila started in May).

Now all I have to do is rectify the small issue of the fact that my new home is completely EMPTY! Looks like there's going to be a trip to Santiago City for supplies sometime soon.

One of the really cool features of the Ifugao native house is that it was originally constructed without using any nails. This allowed them to be taken apart and moved if there was a need, such as the Japanese coming through burning everything at the end of WWII. Most of the native houses now use some nails (to keep the floor boards from being pushed up allowing easy entry for example) and also sport a GI tin roof. Less expensive in the long run, but also allows for a lot more transfer of heat and cold and I can't imagine the noise during some of the heavy rains we get here. There should be plenty more pictures to come too! At least I think I've got this whole gig figured out...