Just Life & A Movie
I wonder how sitting in the dark through 144 minutes of someone else's fantasies manages to remind me how alive I really am. I think it is in part, at least, that the impossible (or near impossible) happens. Extreme hardships are faced and overcome, or not depending on the film. In general, the characters in movies are diving into the depths of life & emotion and are fully present in the moment. That is part of what makes movies interesting in the first place. Though explosions and jumping off of cranes is always exciting too. Its the mental side that draws me in the most though. We are taken through the grand scale of emotions in such a comparatively short time. We don't usually have fade to black moments in our day to day lives.
I feel more alive and in the present than I have in a long time. I enjoyed the drive home for the simple feel of my truck and the visceral experience of driving on the highway at night. So much of our lives fades into routine that we can then space out. Which is important as well, and allows time to focus on other issues at hand, but it is pleasant to be reminded of the parts of life that usual slide by in the mental haze of planning whats next. Life is finally coming back together again for me since departing the Peace Corps. As I said recently to two dear friends: Life has been crazy & it is slowly going from bad crazy to good crazy.
I wonder how many email boxes this blog still haunts & in what interesting corners of the world. It has been awhile. As Bridget mentioned from one of her conversations - we all disappear into our own tight nucleus of life at times. I'm not quite ready to leave my yet, but preparations are being made.
I hope this finds you well, wherever you might be and however tightly drawn inside.
I feel more alive and in the present than I have in a long time. I enjoyed the drive home for the simple feel of my truck and the visceral experience of driving on the highway at night. So much of our lives fades into routine that we can then space out. Which is important as well, and allows time to focus on other issues at hand, but it is pleasant to be reminded of the parts of life that usual slide by in the mental haze of planning whats next. Life is finally coming back together again for me since departing the Peace Corps. As I said recently to two dear friends: Life has been crazy & it is slowly going from bad crazy to good crazy.
I wonder how many email boxes this blog still haunts & in what interesting corners of the world. It has been awhile. As Bridget mentioned from one of her conversations - we all disappear into our own tight nucleus of life at times. I'm not quite ready to leave my yet, but preparations are being made.
I hope this finds you well, wherever you might be and however tightly drawn inside.


<< Home