Unlucky?
I cannot think of any better way to spend a day than hiking up to a series of swimming holes & water falls, butchering & cooking two chickens & drinking a little brandy with a bunch of my new cousins. And I can put it down as work, checking out a proposed eco-tourism site! The National government is piloting a 4 day work week right now though, so nobody was in the office anyway J. Follow that up with visiting a wake and than an evening chatting with Erik & Alexander, 23 & 26 year old locals, fending off numerous suggestions that I get married and offers of escorts in case I want to start courting anyway… Not a bad way to spend my last day in Mayoyao! I’ll be catching the morning bus back to Lamut. It will be nice to have a day off to do whatever I please!


<< Home