Monday, May 02, 2005

Motivation & Intensity

I fell lost, wandering with no clear path. Lacking momentum in any particular direction. I think in part because training is so long & there is so much info they need to get across. The pace becomes so different. At ASP training stream lines & packs everything into 2 & a half intense crazy weeks pointing straight at our counties and the concrete, tangible work we will be doing. Here the pace plods much more. The only place the intensity could really key in would be in with our language. Which is still to me the biggest part of training & yet here I am looking at my site visit on Sunday and I can barely say a thing. My personal motivation has definitely been thrown off track by all the BS with our language class. Its hard to get up the mental edge to really work & study language in the afternoons when the 4 hours were supposed to put in in the morning leaves me feeling zombified w. info I could have easily absorbed in an hour or less. I need to gain my focus back and rise above all of this. Balancing the desire to pull out of class and study alone with knowing that being in class helps the others and that I do learn things better when they are explained to me as opposed to reading them out of a poorly written book…I still don’t know what to do but things are not going along as I had hoped.