Friday, April 08, 2005

Rash #1

I didn’t really notice how miserable and out of it I really was until I finally started to feel better. I picked up some cold symptoms in Manila and they got worse at site. Mostly just a stuffy nose and a bit of a cough, but the worst of it was the feeling like cotton had been stuffed into my brain. I had been making it through the sessions all right, though a few my hand. Later on the doctor told me they thought it was a coach roach, but whatever it was, it bite me on the knuckle of the littler finger on my right hand. The bite itself wasn’t bad, just another bug bite, but over the next few days the redness started to swell in a line down to my wrist. People started to notice because I circled it to see if it was going to continue to spread. Combined that with the mosquito bite on my leg that swelled up to the circumference of a sand dollar and I was just a barrel of fun. Next thing I know I wake up in the morning to one of the PCVs helping out with the Hub Site coming by to check on my hand and off I go to the hospital to get it checked out. One of my site mates was already there feeling people noticed the less than usual spunk. What tipped the scale though, was the odd bite on much worse than myself, so I just hopped on down with the vehicle going to check on her. It really is amazing what anti-biotic can do for you. Those and an allergy medication and I’m definitely feeling a lot better, the contrast is remarkable. It feels good to be up to my old tricks again! Strange skin rash #1. I’m sure there will be plenty more to come.