Monday, March 07, 2005

My Little Corner...

Welcome to my own tiny little corner of Cyberia!
This is where I plan on posting the vast majority of my experiences, thoughts and feelings from my swiftly approaching jaunt to a small archipelago in the Pacific call the Republic of the Philippines! I will accompany my posts with an email out to The World so you will know when I update and aren't left checking the site daily, holding your breathe, in rapt anticipation of my next gem of wisdom. Not that I actually thought that would be a concern.

Anyway, for now I have posted a few links found in the right hand column for you to browse. Check out some local news, the BBC country profile, as well as my own research on the various Anti-Government organizations currently operating in the country. I figured I might as well throw it all out there up front so you have some idea what's going on. That way you also have some idea of the history surrounding various exciting current events such as the bombings that took place on Valentine's Day. But every country is more than its political flavor (thank the Lord) so be sure to check out the Philippine Department of Tourism site as well!

~george